Managers & Executives
Invite Estelle Metayer/Competia as a guest speaker at your conferences, strategic retreats, and association events. The topics she presents are an eye-opening experience. With many participants contacting their teams during her talk to urge them to try the tools she is presenting! Here are a few popular speeches:
How Intelligent is Your Company?
Implement or Turn-Around Strategic Plans & Competitive Intelligence Process
In this practical presentation, Estelle clearly explains what Competitive Intelligence really is: supporting crucial decisions with facts – not anecdotes, avoiding surprises, anticipating your competitors’ future moves and challenging common wisdom. The following aspects will be discussed, demonstrated and debated:
- What is Competitive Intelligence?
- The importance of linking information research to strategic decisions
- A lively demonstration of tools used by Competitive Intelligence professionals
- Examples to anticipate competitors’ product launches
- Real time search of profiles/networks and private company information from the Invisible Web
- Thought-provoking methods to tackle trend analysis
- A challenging discussion about ethics
- Avoiding strategic blind spots
This presentation routinely sparks immediate action on Competitive Intelligence processes internally – with some participants actually leaving the room during the session to call their teams to begin implementing the tools demonstrated.
“Scary and excellent session – Estelle was a great presenter with a fascinating topics.”
Avoiding Competitive Blind Spots
Have you beensurprised by events in your industry, especially in the last few years? This presentation gives directors the tools and methodology to better guide CEOs and avoid competitive blind spots. Including:
- How intelligent is your company?
- When Competitive Intelligence tools affect strategic decisions
- Failing to see change: management blind spots
- Capturing weak signals: the art of trend analysis
- Why good executives make bad decisions – and how to motivate change
Participants should walk out with a methodology to probe strategic intelligence processes at risk, develop a framework to acquire – and get the management team to acquire critical information and avoid major blind spots during decision making.
Navigating the Invisible Web
70% of the Web is hidden from search engines. Discover how your company can unlock new sources of strategic value.
This presentation focuses on advanced research techniques used by strategic intelligence analysts. Learn how successful organizations access crucial concealed data for opportune strategic decisions. Including:
- Decoding the Invisible Web. How to find “hidden” databases not indexed by search engines.
- Discover tools that provide access to highly structured, rich data about markets and companies such as financial information, analysts’ reports, description of activities, patents, trademarks, tracking domain names, and strategies for public and private companies world-wide.
- Test different “toolkits” that allow you to target sources of information you need rapidly
- Understand the relevance of blogs and social media to Competitive Intelligence and how to obtain information about consumer perception and feedback, future technology trends, and unveil CEOs’ personal blogs.
- Explore the best sites and resources available to pinpoint key trends likely to impact your business. Test relevant software and tools that map out weak and strong signals in your industry.
Participants will learn how to tap into the Web’s hidden pool of information to effectively anticipate competitors’ moves, detect emerging technologies, trends and applications weeks before any public announcement – and to target business individuals’ profiles, personal interests and decision-making patterns.
“Thanks for opening our virtual eyes. I suspected this info was there but there was more than expected.”